Thursday, February 11, 2010

I'm engaged! :D

Yes it's true, he finally popped the big question last saturday night, the day after our anniversary. I had suspected he might ask me but I didn't think he would do it that night, so I was clueless at the time it happened. We had dinner at http://www.velvetmargarita.com/ (if you're in so. cal, definitely check this place out it's awesome!!! & the food is delicious), anywho I had invited some friends and family to go and have food and drinks with us, and I was feeling pretty tipsy lol. So we're waiting for our food and I notice everyone start acting strange(pulling out their cameras, moving the table back), so I say "what's going on!?, then I turn to look at Ish and he looks super nervous and he pulls out a box, omg! omg! lol , he gets down on his knee and he says "Mayra we've been together for 6 years already and I wouldn't change them for anything in the world. I love you and I know you're the one for me, I think it's time for us to take the next step, will you marry me?!" at this point I'm already crying my eyes out, so I hug him for what seems like forever telling him over and over I love you, I love you. Then I remember oh yea there's other people here haha, so I say yes of course I'll marry you, he puts on the ring and wow! It's gorgeous! lol I was so happy at that point I didn't even want to eat, I just wanted to stare at my ring all night long (which I did) lol.

I was in disbelief lol

Here's the ring.

I just wanted to share my story with you gals, we're already planning out the wedding one step at a time, we want a dia de los muertos themed wedding sometime next year:) Oh and fyi he told me he had already spoke to my mom and dad like 2 weeks before proposing and they both gave him their blessing and said they would support us 100% aww.

P.S. I entered this wedding contest to have our dream wedding, please vote for us! :)

6 comments:

  1. Congrats!!!! I'm so happy for you guys!
    Your post made me tear *happy tears*!!
    Wish you both the best.
    P.S Beautiful ring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you Malia:) Everyone kept on asking me why are you crying!, "I was like these are my happy tears!" lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting engaged sweetie(:
    Love the ring, so beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on your engagement! thats a beautiful ring!

    ReplyDelete